La Sala is the name by which the building that houses Alcúdia Council is popularly known. It was built on a site that was previously occupied by the “Universitat de la Vila” houses, and is a building of new construction, opened in 1929. The proposal for the initial project was drawn up by the architect Guillem Reynés Font, although it was the architect Carlos Garau who finished the building, introducing several changes to the original plan owing to the sudden death of Reynés Font.
The building is of historicist style and consists of a central body in the shape of a tower that contains the main doorway, above which there is a grand balcony and a row of windows topped by the clock tower. This tower has glazed roof tiles and a bell tower crowned with a weather vane in the shape of a dragon. The building extends out to each side of the tower, with two huge windows decorated in the Majorcan regionalist style that continues on to the side façades with similar windows.
Access to the main entrance is via central steps. In the foyer of La Sala there are photos of different locations in the municipality. Inside the building, notable highlights include the plenary hall which opens out on to interior spaces used for offices.