Can Castell, nowadays known as Can Fondo,is a building with Gothic origins that was reformed at the end of the 16th century/beginning of the 17th century. These reforms increased the height of the building, with new floors and a cellar, and Renaissance windows and a coffered ceiling were crafted in the main room on the first floor. During the works, some interesting monochrome fresco paintings were discovered here. They are of a religious nature and represent the Virgin Mary, Saint Anthony of Padua or Saint Rafael. This is one of the most representative buildings of Alcúdia’s architectural heritage and it belonged to the Castell family between the 15th and 18th century. The coats of arms on the windows are interesting, amongst which there is one belonging to the family, considered to be the oldest in the town. It is in Carrer Serra 11.
The building of Can Costa, situated in Carrer de Sant Vicenç 14 that has nowadays been converted into a restaurant, is a three-storey house that belonged to Canon Moragues and later to Catalina Costa i Llobera. On the ground floor there is a wonderful doorway with a rounded arch and a heraldic shield above. There are three windows on the main floor and on the top floor there are 11 ogival windows. Also on the main floor there are the various rooms of the house as well as a chapel with a neo-Renaissance altar, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Opposite Can Costa there is another restaurant, Sa Portassa that was formerly the coach house belonging to Can Costa.
And finally, the stately house known as Can Torró located in Carrer Serra, is a 14th-century building that currently houses Alcúdia’s public library - Can Torró. This is a building with three floors whose main façade has two doorways with a rounded arch on the ground floor. Can Torró was the home of the Roig family, who had lived in Alcúdia from the 13th century. In the 18th century the house passed into the hands of the Font dels Olors family and was later bought by the Ques family (nicknamed “Torró”). It was the Font dels Olors who extended the house and built its characteristic cellar in 1883. At the back of the building there is a courtyard with a well that belonged to the previously-mentioned, neighbouring building, Can Fondo. Both were separated in 1926 when the owner was Francesc Ques Ventayol.