The Chapel of SantCrist is entered on the right through a neo-Gothic arch that was built in the first decade of the 20th century, during the times of Mossèn Mateu Alzamora. The chapel, which was saved when the church collapsed, was built between 1675 and 1697 to honour the image of Sant Crist. Its history is as follows:
On 24th February 1507, an important event marked the history of the town of Alcúdia: the Miracle of Sant Crist. Documents and tradition have it that at those times Alcúdia was suffering from a serious drought and the population were becoming desperate. Hunger also threatened, and the inhabitants of the ‘vila’ decided to carry the image of Sant Crist in a procession from Alcúdia to the Cave of Sant Martí (a place of worship for primitive Christians), begging for water in their prayers and pleas. As a result of their supplications, the image of Sant Crist sweated drops of blood and water on their return to the city. The image sweated for three days. A notary recorded the event: his name was Francisco Eixartell.
That year, rain fell in abundance and the harvests were plentiful.
Since then, Alcúdia has commemorated this miracle every three years. On 26th July there is a religious procession that passes through the town and a solemn Mass in the Church of Sant Jaume.